POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : MPEG back to BITMAPS! : Re: MPEG back to BITMAPS! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPEG back to BITMAPS!
From: Ken
Date: 23 Jan 1999 00:18:36
Message: <36A95BAE.C8F3B7D8@pacbell.net>
Christopher Fairbairn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an animation which is in MPEG format. I would like to include this
> MPEG in my POVRay Animation as a laptop screen.
>
> Currently my laptop screen is a image map which is feed "lap%%%%%.GIF" with
> the %%%%% being the frame number.
>
> This is ok but at the moment all of the laptop image maps are the same (a
> nice blue rectangle) because I can not figure out how to disect my MPEG
> movie back into individual bitmaps.
>
> I didn't make this MPEG file so I can't simply rerender it and digitally
> composite it with the live video action. The MPEG was from a local Animation
> House which made a TV Ad.
>
> Does anyone know of a MPEG decoder which would enable me to convert the
> movie back into individual image files for each frame?
>
> Any help would be great,
>
> Thanks,
> Christopher Fairbairn.

I don't have a specific file name in mind but have seen software
to do this. You might try a search at http://filepile.com

Another approach would be to run the mpeg in question in single frame
playback mode and use a program like Paint Shop Pro to do screen
captures of the frames you are interested in. This will allow you to
save in most any image file format you wish.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet